Friday, March 27, 2015

Book Companion for April Fool's Day

I came across this cute and funny April Fools book called "Barnyard Fun" by Maureen Wright. You can currently purchase this book at any bookstore but I would recommend getting it through Scholastics. (cheaper!!) 
My goal this years is to use authentic literature to teach reading skills and phonics. Currently, my campus is focusing on Phonics in Context to drive our reading instruction. I am always looking for ways to incorporate engaging literature for my kiddos. I am not a fan of reading adoptions. Don't get me wrong there are some really good stories. I just feel my students gravitate more to authentic literature. 

I've create a little book companion to along with "Barnyard Fun". This packet includes read aloud lesson plan, interactive flip-book, reader's response sheets, and literacy center activities. 


I can't wait to introduce my kiddos to this hilarious book and engaging activities. If you want to purchase this book companion head over to my TPT page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment